Thursday, May 9, 2013

Dear Brides & Grooms Series: Getting Ready; The Gentlemen


Dear Brides & Grooms,

As a wedding photographer I have the joy of spending one of the most amazing and memorable days of your life with you. I love so many of the sweet moments that I have the honor of enjoying and capturing up close. It’s a very unique opportunity and something that I don’t see getting worn out on anytime soon. I am so intrigued by your personal stories and relationships. I love seeing the moments that move you and make your wedding day one that’s fit for you and brings you joy.

For the last year, along with my personal photography work I have also photographed weddings with an incredible team at Main Line Wedding Photography. I talked about how that came about a little bit in this post. I haven’t posted anything from those weddings and I have a lot of photos and thoughts to share with you!

To start off, I would like to talk a little bit about the getting ready part of the day. Specifically to the gentlemen. Although the focus on the wedding morning is with the ladies, I usually spend some time with the guys. I like to come in and introduce myself and jump in with a few shots of you, the groom. Maybe putting on your cufflinks or bow tie, tossing a football, hanging out with your groomsmen, doing something that gets you comfortable with me being there with my camera. During that time I’m able to get a bit of a feel for everyone, make some jokes and not just be the random girl in a house full of guys. It always gets comfortable and easy quickly. I love the candid and funny moments between brothers and best guy friends. This is also where the beer knowledge I’ve received from my husband or the random sports tidbits of information I have from my dad and brothers comes in handy. :) I love that during this time of day I get to connect with and meet the groom’s mom and dad. It's a great time to get to know them a little bit. I always say, “Please, let me know if there are any pictures you’d like me to take! I’m here for you, so please don’t hesitate to ask.” I'm so happy that from this phase of the day on, everyone in that house or hotel room knows who I am and that if they want a picture or need anything, I’m there for them. 

So guys. I look forward to meeting you! I’m always impressed by your wedding day words of wisdom to each other. I like that you interact so much differently than the girls on a wedding day. It’s cool to see. I hope you have fun during this part of the wedding day. It’ll be done so fast, but is probably one of the most unique couple hours you’ll have as friends. 



Elizabeth

 Love this series...


No comments: