Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Dear Brides & Grooms Series - Generations




Dear Brides & Grooms,

As a wedding photographer I have the joy of spending one of the most amazing and memorable days of your life with you. I love so many of the sweet moments that I have the honor of enjoying and capturing up close. It’s a very unique opportunity and something that I don’t see getting worn out on anytime soon. I am so intrigued by your personal stories and relationships. I love seeing the moments that move you and make your wedding day one that’s fit for you and brings you joy.

For the last year, along with my personal photography work I have also photographed weddings with an incredible team at Main Line Wedding Photography. I talked about how that came about a little bit in this post. I haven’t posted almost anything from those weddings and I have a lot of photos and thoughts to share with you!

Last week I shared some about the Gentlemen and this week the Generations, the old and young people who are a part of your wedding day. So often these are some of the dearest people to you. I love grandparents. I love watching them watch their grandchildren get married. There's such a joy and lack of angst. They've come to enjoy and watch the seeds that they've planted grow and expand. You don't fully prepare yourself for it, but they're often some of the most memorable and sweet parts of your wedding day. The unexpected thoughtful words from your grandma or seeing your grandpa be brought to tears; these are things that have lasting value.  I love watching it. 

And, the kids! I know there is a lot of thought put into how many kids to invite, it's often a hard balance. I personally love children at weddings! They add to the joy. I know that if they are a part of your wedding, they are probably very special little ones to you and I love capturing them throughout the day.

So much of the reason why I love these to groups of people at weddings is because they are the most free to enjoy, to laugh and dance and celebrate. There's so much less stress. We can learn from them. For the older folks there's just such a good perspective. An understanding of the magnitude of your wedding, but also the realization that it's ok if everything doesn't go perfectly. They can just laugh. The kids on the opposite end are care free and overjoyed at the chance to dress up and see all the adults have such a good time. It's all fun. I have to say they all can break it down on the dance floor. Every single wedding I am left in awe.

It's wonderful to photograph. These are just some thoughts. I hope they help you understand a little bit more about how I'll be interacting with you and your loved ones on your big day. I mean it when I say that I'm honored to be a part of it.


Elizabeth









No comments: