Saturday, April 20, 2013

Grateful for Our Friend, David Sacks


This past week we lost a good friend.
David, his wife Angie and there four kids have been friends of ours for the past 8 years. 
They are such sweet and dear people to us. 


My heart aches right now for Angie, the kids & his mom Sharon who is also a close friend.  We are rejoicing with him in the joy of eternal grace and the hope that marked his life. He will be very missed. I am praying for strength and grace for each of them.


Our families have enjoyed a few beach vacations together. We all had such great times. They are uniquely lovable people and I'm pretty sure everyone I've known that came into contact with them would like to be their best friend. They enjoy fully. Whether food, drink, entertainment, music, fun David enjoyed as well as he knew how. And that was quite a bit.


One of the reasons I'm sharing this here is because David uniquely impacted my life and photography aspirations. From the beginning of my interests in photography I quickly went to David with questions. Knowing my desires to learn, in 2010 David pursued my sister Abbie and I to see if we would like to take his 10 week long training classes called, Media Photography Academy. I learned so much and he was incredibly encouraging about me doing this vocationally. I was so grateful to have an amazing professional photographer in my life to be helping, teaching and encouraging in this.

10 months ago at Abbie's wedding I was talking to David and Angie. He was asking questions and showing so much interest in my picture taking. He's a good friend, but when it comes to talking photography this is still DAVID SACKS we're talking about. I'm just over here trying not to sound dumb. :) Soon after our talking at the wedding David asked if I would join the Main Line Photography Team and shoot weddings with them. 


It was a ride for sure. I learned more than I was prepared to handle. The other night I was thinking about it all and sat down to just start listing out things that I didn't want to forget he taught me. A few long pages later it was beginning to strike me how much of a gift it was.  It really has been an honor to work alongside this man in the last months of his life. It will forever have a tremendous impact on me and my photography business. I couldn't thank him enough for his help, encouragement, thoughtfulness and friendship.


You are already missed David! We love you.


No comments: